Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week 3- SOUND


I really enjoyed recording my own sounds for this project. It made me realize just how simple it can be and how important it is. I have a lot more appreciation for those that are deeply involved in sound. Music for me is always such an inspiration and key component when I create films on my own. This project had let me see that there are other important ways to design a film than just showering it with music. It was great to play around with the levels and see how different each sound can be depending on how far away the mic is in relation to it and the pitch of the object. So glad to have had some more experience with sound!


Matt Hulse’s screening was extremely insightful. I was unsure of what it would be like to simply listen to artwork sounds. I really enjoyed it! My favorite was the 2nd one that he showed. I loved how it really told a story and was appealing to listen to. Just hearing sound leaves so much more for the imagination to explore. I really liked putting my own ideas and thoughts into it. I thought about how it would be neat if someone handed me these sounds and I had the opportunity to fill in the visual- It was a neat concept I have never explored. I also really enjoyed the blind girl. The whole time I was pretty lost and would not have even known where she actually was, had Matt not told us it was a cemetery at the end. I really want to go back and listen to them again. I think the first time its just such a different idea to think about that it definitely needs time to absorb in my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment