Monday, September 24, 2012

Light Descriptions


I really enjoyed the photography photos this weekend. It was really interesting working with the lighting meter as well. I have never used a devise like this before and it was fascinating understanding how it works. I thought it was supper neat how it is able to determine the f-stop. Being a projectionist, it was also cool to work with film camera. I’m always building film by threading the 35mm through a projector. Sprockets are the main thing that you have to make sure is correct so it was neat to see how sprockets are incorporated in a film camera. ‘Seeing’ the process from the beginning was really interesting. I love taking photos so it was cool to see how digital photography originated from.

I had so much fun taking the photos. It was neat to look around and try to figure out what you could capture and how. Christian and I had a good time playing around with shadows, angles and distance. This is something I never really think about with my own digital camera. I usually just point at an image that I think is neat and shoot. With iphones these days, they have pointing an shooting, as well as editing photos so SIMPLE. It is really informative for people to know how cameras have evolved and the process that it undergoes. I have to say that it is pretty nerve racking, taking a photo, and having no idea how it may have turned out. I can't wait to see what the photos looked like!

2 comments:

  1. Im excited to see the results too!

    BTW - are you a Lumina projectionist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this! And yes Im a Projectionist and I also work at the Box Office in Sharkys.

    ReplyDelete