Sunday, October 21, 2012

From Art House to "Microcinema"


I found this article very interesting. It was such an enjoyable and simple read since we have already learned a bit about the Aurora Picture Show. Theaters are getting so expensive these days that it is so nice to know that there are outlets like these available. I’m so happy that Wilmington was able to create such a hip and interactive Dirt Poor festival. I love the idea of how intimate the experience is with less people. This is something that I have yet to experience and would really love to. I thought it was really neat how one place screened films inside of a school bus! I’d love to know how they went about doing that.

So many people are able to pick up a camera these days and film and create something. I feel that this generation, more than ever needs an outlet like microcinemas in order to show their work. It is not so easy to make it to California, so I think these outlets are great ways to promote the joy of film making and screening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment